Janet Yellen Can't Tell If US Is an Oligarchy or Not - Mike Swanson (05/09/2014)
Bernie Sander is a self-proclaimed socialist. He is also one of the two Senators for the state of Vermont so he got the opportunity to do something you could never dream of doing - he asked our banking czar Janet Yellen if the United States is now an oligarchy thanks to Fed policies.
She refused to give a yes or not answer to his question.
Instead with her always shaky and nervous voice she said, "So, all of the statistics on inequality that you've cited are ones that greatly concern me, and I think for the same reason that you're concerned about them. They can shape the – determine the ability of different groups to participate equally in the democracy and have grave effects on social stability over time. And so I don't know what to call our system or how to -- I prefer not to give labels; but there's no question that we've had a trend toward growing inequality and I personally find it very worrisome trend that deserves the attention of policy-makers."
Sanders then brought up the Koch brothers - who serve as the favorite demon of liberals just as George Soros serves as the demon of the Fox News neocons.
Yellen then rambled on.
I find it interesting though that she does not know what to call our system of political and economic order.
In reality the "one percent" does not rule the United States. The true power elite of the United States consists of about only 10,000 people at the top of the government and corporate bureaucracies. Some are billionaires, but many of these people are not even millionaires. They are managers of the system. Yellen is one of them and she is not some billionaire. She is a bureaucrat who believes she is capable of managing the system for the little people. She is one of the 10,000 who rule over you.
Most Recent Posts
- From "FANG" to "Fast Five" - Mike Swanson (04/26/2017)
- A Rising (Central Bank) Tide Turns Everyone into a Genius - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/26/2017)
- U.S. Threatens Nuclear Deal it Admits Iran Respects - How Will Tehran Respond? - The Real News (04/26/2017)
- China Finally Sends U.S. Positive Messages on North Korea - James Holbrooks (04/25/2017)
- Dr Marc Faber: Coordinating Central Bankers Desperate to Keep Colossal Global Debt Bubble Inflated (04/25/2017)
- Who Will Live in the Suburbs if Millennials Favor Cities? - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/24/2017)
- The French Election and the US Market- Stock Market analysis for the week - Mike Saul (04/23/2017)
- Gold Upleg Momentum Building - Adam Hamilton (04/22/2017)
- Cramer Pumps Apple Yells Buy Demands You Chase Fad Big Cap Tech! - Mike Swanson (04/21/2017)
- Ted Galen Carpenter on Trump’s schoolyard strategy for dealing with North Korea - Scott Horton Show (04/21/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here