Scott Horton Show - What Is Really Going On In The Ukraine? - Mike Swanson (03/04/2014)
Scott Horton interviewed Brendan O’Neill, editor of Spiked-online, to discuss why Ukraine’s conflict is better described as regime change than revolution; the media’s characterization of Russian “meddling” versus Western “mediation;” and the dangerous precedent of overturning democratic elections with protests by a Western-backed vocal minority.
The crisis seems to be dying down a little today, but I gotta tell you it is being hyped to the moon by American TV news.
I have CNN on right now and they said they are going to do a segment tonight on whether war is coming to Europe.
They had a talking head say that Putin has "lost touch with reality and is insane."
Look I do not think war is coming.
I also am not a fan of Putin and not trying to support him here, but whatever he is doing he does not look like he is "insane" to me.
But this is the level of reporting now on US TV - where it is all hype and fear all of the time designed not to really inform you of anything, but merely to scare you and make you mad so they will keep watching and feel like the talking heads are your friends and on your side.
CNN is supposed to be the more normal network, but it's junk too.
Fortunately you can get a better idea what is happening on our planet by reading news stories from outlets all of the world to give you a mix of opinions. And there is probably no one better today than figuring things out than Scott Horton and his guests.
To listen to this interview click here.
Most Recent Posts
- Interview With Howestreet.com: Don’t Blame Greece for June Market Drop - Mike Swanson (07/03/2015)
- High Noon Stock Market Mastermind Session With Dave Skarica - Mike Swanson (07/02/2015)
- Following Jobs Report Disaster Traders Push Back Rate Hike Forecast Again (07/02/2015)
- There Will Be No Last Minute Greece Deal - Mike Swanson (06/30/2015)
- Marc Faber: "I don't believe that stocks are going down because of Greece" (06/29/2015)
- Greece Default Causes Market Dump - Mike Swanson (06/29/2015)
- Anti-Austerity Protests in Athens As IMF Sentences Greece To Death (06/28/2015)
- Interview With Howestreet.com: Greece Default – A Good Thing? - MIke Swanson (06/27/2015)
- Chinese Stock Market Crashes 7% In A Day Leaving State Media Speechless - Mike Swanson (06/26/2015)
- Podcast - David Skarica On Coming Bear Market And Why Most People Will Fail To Adapt (06/26/2015)
JOIN: WALLSTREETWINDOW FREE MEMBERSHIP
* Join and receive the Two Fold Formula guide to picking stocks and combine tested fundamental valuation metrics with technical analysis.
*Align yourself with the big trends of the stock market and be alerted when these trends change.
*Receive free updates when we see an investment opportunity in an emerging sector before the crowd gets in.