The Hottest Sector In the US Stock Market Is Now Microcap Stocks - Mike Swanson (12/17/2013)
The hottest sector in the US stock market is now the microcap stocks - stocks with market caps under $300 million. What has happened is that the big cap dividend stocks that everyone is familiar with - the Proctor and Gambles and Johnsons & Johnsons - have already gone up so much that they are at stupid valuations.
But the stock market is still bullish and money is still going into it. Individual investors have given mutual fund managers and institutional investors billions of dollars to invest this year - they've in fact put more money into the stock market than they have in any of the past thirteen years and as more of their CD's come due are likely to give them more money. They will do so until they run out than the stock market bull market will end.
That money must go somewhere, so the money managers are looking for small cap stocks with cheap valuations to put the money to work and are chasing pure technical analysis stock trend momentum plays.
The result is a boom in the small caps. And if you want to trade for quick gains this has now become the place to go, because it is now the hottest thing in the US stock market.
I know a lot of different investors and traders who all use various strategies in the stock market. One person I know is Matt Morris who specializes in small cap trading.
Thursday night we are going to do a live webinar together in which he will talk about several small caps he is playing now that he thinks will continue higher over the next few months and discuss overall trading methods for these type of stocks.
To join this webinar click here.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold-Futures Selling Exhausting - Adam Hamilton (12/10/2016)
- This Cisco CEO Interview Reveals What Is Fueling Stock Gains - Mike Swanson (12/09/2016)
- The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
- Big Rally Shows Power of New Sector Rotation and Trouble For Biotech - Mike Swanson (12/08/2016)
- Snowden exposed mass surveillance to show it's for control, not counterterrorism – Oliver Stone (12/08/2016)
- David Skarica Interview with FutureMoneyTrends.com (12/07/2016)
- Michael Hudson on the Orwellian Turn in Contemporary Economics - Mike Swanson (12/07/2016)
- Podcast - Charles Hugh Smith on The Mainstream Media and the Populist Global Revolt - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- NakeCapitalism Blog Lawyer Demands Apology from The Washington Post - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- William Fleckenstein's View of the Stock Market (12/06/2016)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here