The Hottest Sector In the US Stock Market Is Now Microcap Stocks - Mike Swanson (12/17/2013)
The hottest sector in the US stock market is now the microcap stocks - stocks with market caps under $300 million. What has happened is that the big cap dividend stocks that everyone is familiar with - the Proctor and Gambles and Johnsons & Johnsons - have already gone up so much that they are at stupid valuations.
But the stock market is still bullish and money is still going into it. Individual investors have given mutual fund managers and institutional investors billions of dollars to invest this year - they've in fact put more money into the stock market than they have in any of the past thirteen years and as more of their CD's come due are likely to give them more money. They will do so until they run out than the stock market bull market will end.
That money must go somewhere, so the money managers are looking for small cap stocks with cheap valuations to put the money to work and are chasing pure technical analysis stock trend momentum plays.
The result is a boom in the small caps. And if you want to trade for quick gains this has now become the place to go, because it is now the hottest thing in the US stock market.
I know a lot of different investors and traders who all use various strategies in the stock market. One person I know is Matt Morris who specializes in small cap trading.
Thursday night we are going to do a live webinar together in which he will talk about several small caps he is playing now that he thinks will continue higher over the next few months and discuss overall trading methods for these type of stocks.
To join this webinar click here.
Most Recent Posts
- Another Stock Market Drift Time Starts - Mike Swanson (09/23/2016)
- CNBC Fast Money Sinks to New Lows - Mike Swanson (09/23/2016)
- Stock Market Resumes Dead Money Penny Stock Trading Pattern - Mike Swanson (09/20/2016)
- What Investors Need to Look For Next on This Week in Money - Mike Swanson (09/18/2016)
- Why Has Gold Stalled? - Adam Hamilton (09/17/2016)
- The Next Few Weeks Will Tell You If the Stock Market Is Dead or Alive for Certain - Mike Swanson (09/16/2016)
- Podcast - Ike Iossif On Stock Market and Gold Trends For Next Six Weeks - Mike Swanson (09/16/2016)
- Why The Stock Market Swings Seem So Crazy Right Now - Mike Swanson (09/14/20160)
- Relative Strength Investing Strategies for Your Portfolio - Mike Swanson (09/12/2016)
- Stock Market Tips Into Drop Time with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (09/09/2016)
Grab This Free Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
This free issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to the rise in mining stocks and how to profit from it. It includes our latest top mining stock pick and our gold price forecast for the rest of 2016. Do not think about buying any other mining stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here