Shipping Stocks (NYSE: SEA) Getting Ready to Move - Mike Swanson (03/08/2013)
One of the most interesting stock sectors right now are shipping stocks. They crashed in 2011 and spent 2012 forming a long stage-one base. Towards the end of last year they rallied up to the resistance area of that base and have been pausing there for the past few weeks.
Check out the shipping stock ETF SEA for example:
SEA has been consolidating for the past few weeks with resistance at around $17.50 and support at $16.60. If looks like it is getting ready to break resistance - once it does it will clear its stage one base and enter a new bull run.
The shipping stocks caught my eye the other week and I bought VLCCF. It has resistance at about $7.20 and pays a 10.50% dividend. That's a juicy income for just holding a stock. If it breaks out though I think it can double from here over a year.
Another one I'm watching is NM:
NM appears to be breaking out right now. It is paying a 6.30% dividend.
Oh and I also bought good old ESEA - Euroseas is a $45 million market cap Greek shipping company that pays a 6.00% dividend. For every share it has 74 cents in cash and has a book value over $4.00.
Shipping stocks tend to move with global markets and commodities. They crashed when both went into bear markets in 2011 and should do well the rest of this year. Its hard to beat owning a stock that pays a big dividend and rises in a bull market.
Most Recent Posts
- From "FANG" to "Fast Five" - Mike Swanson (04/26/2017)
- A Rising (Central Bank) Tide Turns Everyone into a Genius - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/26/2017)
- U.S. Threatens Nuclear Deal it Admits Iran Respects - How Will Tehran Respond? - The Real News (04/26/2017)
- China Finally Sends U.S. Positive Messages on North Korea - James Holbrooks (04/25/2017)
- Dr Marc Faber: Coordinating Central Bankers Desperate to Keep Colossal Global Debt Bubble Inflated (04/25/2017)
- Who Will Live in the Suburbs if Millennials Favor Cities? - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/24/2017)
- The French Election and the US Market- Stock Market analysis for the week - Mike Saul (04/23/2017)
- Gold Upleg Momentum Building - Adam Hamilton (04/22/2017)
- Cramer Pumps Apple Yells Buy Demands You Chase Fad Big Cap Tech! - Mike Swanson (04/21/2017)
- Ted Galen Carpenter on Trump’s schoolyard strategy for dealing with North Korea - Scott Horton Show (04/21/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here