Shipping Stocks (NYSE: SEA) Getting Ready to Move - Mike Swanson (03/08/2013)
One of the most interesting stock sectors right now are shipping stocks. They crashed in 2011 and spent 2012 forming a long stage-one base. Towards the end of last year they rallied up to the resistance area of that base and have been pausing there for the past few weeks.
Check out the shipping stock ETF SEA for example:
SEA has been consolidating for the past few weeks with resistance at around $17.50 and support at $16.60. If looks like it is getting ready to break resistance - once it does it will clear its stage one base and enter a new bull run.
The shipping stocks caught my eye the other week and I bought VLCCF. It has resistance at about $7.20 and pays a 10.50% dividend. That's a juicy income for just holding a stock. If it breaks out though I think it can double from here over a year.
Another one I'm watching is NM:
NM appears to be breaking out right now. It is paying a 6.30% dividend.
Oh and I also bought good old ESEA - Euroseas is a $45 million market cap Greek shipping company that pays a 6.00% dividend. For every share it has 74 cents in cash and has a book value over $4.00.
Shipping stocks tend to move with global markets and commodities. They crashed when both went into bear markets in 2011 and should do well the rest of this year. Its hard to beat owning a stock that pays a big dividend and rises in a bull market.
Most Recent Posts
- The Pivot Points To Watch For Gold - Mike Swanson (04/28/2015)
- S&P 500 Earnings Are A Mess, But Earnings Do Not Matter Now - Mike Swanson (04/27/2015)
- On Jim Goddard Show I Talk Markets and Explain Why Russia and Greece Are Interesting Opportunities - Mike Swanson (04/24/2015)
- Cramer Says Cheesecake Factory Is Now A Safe Haven - Mike Swanson (04/24/2015)
- Podcast - Jordan Roy-Byrne Sees One More Possible Final Gold Drop - Mike Swanson (04/24/2015)
- Stanley Druckenmiller: Zero-Interest Rates Unnecessary Now (04/23/2015)
- In Three to Five Years Gold Will Be Priceless - Chris Vermeulen (04/23/2015)
- The Rise Of The Machine Gun Cop (04/23/2015)
- Greece On Course For Default (04/22/2015)
- Syriza’s Choice: Bail on the People or the Troika (04/21/2015)
JOIN: WALLSTREETWINDOW FREE MEMBERSHIP
* Join and receive the Two Fold Formula guide to picking stocks and combine tested fundamental valuation metrics with technical analysis.
*Align yourself with the big trends of the stock market and be alerted when these trends change.
*Receive free updates when we see an investment opportunity in an emerging sector before the crowd gets in.