Shipping Stocks (NYSE: SEA) Getting Ready to Move - Mike Swanson (03/08/2013)
One of the most interesting stock sectors right now are shipping stocks. They crashed in 2011 and spent 2012 forming a long stage-one base. Towards the end of last year they rallied up to the resistance area of that base and have been pausing there for the past few weeks.
Check out the shipping stock ETF SEA for example:
SEA has been consolidating for the past few weeks with resistance at around $17.50 and support at $16.60. If looks like it is getting ready to break resistance - once it does it will clear its stage one base and enter a new bull run.
The shipping stocks caught my eye the other week and I bought VLCCF. It has resistance at about $7.20 and pays a 10.50% dividend. That's a juicy income for just holding a stock. If it breaks out though I think it can double from here over a year.
Another one I'm watching is NM:
NM appears to be breaking out right now. It is paying a 6.30% dividend.
Oh and I also bought good old ESEA - Euroseas is a $45 million market cap Greek shipping company that pays a 6.00% dividend. For every share it has 74 cents in cash and has a book value over $4.00.
Shipping stocks tend to move with global markets and commodities. They crashed when both went into bear markets in 2011 and should do well the rest of this year. Its hard to beat owning a stock that pays a big dividend and rises in a bull market.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold-Futures Selling Exhausting - Adam Hamilton (12/10/2016)
- This Cisco CEO Interview Reveals What Is Fueling Stock Gains - Mike Swanson (12/09/2016)
- The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
- Big Rally Shows Power of New Sector Rotation and Trouble For Biotech - Mike Swanson (12/08/2016)
- Snowden exposed mass surveillance to show it's for control, not counterterrorism – Oliver Stone (12/08/2016)
- David Skarica Interview with FutureMoneyTrends.com (12/07/2016)
- Michael Hudson on the Orwellian Turn in Contemporary Economics - Mike Swanson (12/07/2016)
- Podcast - Charles Hugh Smith on The Mainstream Media and the Populist Global Revolt - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- NakeCapitalism Blog Lawyer Demands Apology from The Washington Post - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- William Fleckenstein's View of the Stock Market (12/06/2016)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here