Shipping Stocks (NYSE: SEA) Getting Ready to Move - Mike Swanson (03/08/2013)
One of the most interesting stock sectors right now are shipping stocks. They crashed in 2011 and spent 2012 forming a long stage-one base. Towards the end of last year they rallied up to the resistance area of that base and have been pausing there for the past few weeks.
Check out the shipping stock ETF SEA for example:
SEA has been consolidating for the past few weeks with resistance at around $17.50 and support at $16.60. If looks like it is getting ready to break resistance - once it does it will clear its stage one base and enter a new bull run.
The shipping stocks caught my eye the other week and I bought VLCCF. It has resistance at about $7.20 and pays a 10.50% dividend. That's a juicy income for just holding a stock. If it breaks out though I think it can double from here over a year.
Another one I'm watching is NM:
NM appears to be breaking out right now. It is paying a 6.30% dividend.
Oh and I also bought good old ESEA - Euroseas is a $45 million market cap Greek shipping company that pays a 6.00% dividend. For every share it has 74 cents in cash and has a book value over $4.00.
Shipping stocks tend to move with global markets and commodities. They crashed when both went into bear markets in 2011 and should do well the rest of this year. Its hard to beat owning a stock that pays a big dividend and rises in a bull market.
Most Recent Posts
- Ted Cruz Debates Bernie Sanders on Tax Reform - CNN (10/23/2017)
- Silver Stocks Comatose - Adam Hamilton (10/23/2017)
- What Internal Indicators Say About the Strengh of the Stock Market with Ike Iossif - Mike Swanson (10/20/2017)
- For Ordinary Greeks, Has Greece’s Battered Economy Turned the Corner? - The Real News (10/20/2017)
- Killing For Peace? More Civilian Deaths Now Than Under Obama - Ron Paul Institute (10/20/2017)
- US, India Team up to Contain Strengthening China - James Holbrooks (10/20/2017)
- Migration of the Tax Donkeys - Charles Hugh Smith (10/19/2017)
- Somalia Bombing an Outgrowth of Foreign Meddling - The Real News (10/19/2017)
- Seeking More QE for Japan — Abe Calls Snap Election - Brendan Brown (10/19/2017)
- Ochelli Effect: Ken Burns on the Vietnam War in 1967 - Mike Swanson (10/19/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here