Obama Administration Announces Drone Policy For Attacks on Americans - Mike Swanson (03/07/2013)
After Senator Paul Rand's filibuster yesterday the Obama administration backed down on the use of drone attacks on American citizens inside of the United States. Well sort of.
This was the situation yesterday. It was completely crazy:
Today Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder sent a letter to Rand Paul that reads:
" Dear Senator Paul:
It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is no.
It took a filibuster for hours on end that created national press coverage to get the President of the United States and his Attorney General to answer a simple question that has been asked of them for weeks. What it means is that if someone in the federal government announces that you are "engaged in combat" on American soil they can kill you.
The question is what does it mean to be considered "engaged in combat"?
When the government flies drones over Pakistan they consider someone doing jumping jacks as an enemy combatant under rules of engagement.
What rules will they apply inside the United States for this? Will this remain classified top secret?
How long will it be before a drone is used to kill an American citizen inside of the United States without a warrant, court order, or even a legal charge? A year? A decade? Never? Or tomorrow? Why do they feel it necessary to grab this power?
Most Recent Posts
- Donald Trump Is Now A Stock Market Risk Factor - Mike Swanson (08/21/2017)
- Imaginary Growth Assumptions and the Steep Adjustment Ahead - John Hussman (08/21/2017)
- Why We're Doomed: Our Economy's Toxic Inequality - Charles Hugh Smith (08/21/2017)
- Has the S&P 500 broken it's up trend? - Mike Saul (08/20/2017)
- Gold Miners’ Q2’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (08/18/2017)
- Cramer Says Stock Market Is Dropping Not Because of Trump - CNBC (08/18/2017)
- Wilkerson: Under Trump, Al Qaeda is Flourishing - The Real News (08/18/2017)
- Five Ways the Charlottesville Marches Backfired - Jeffrey Tucker (08/18/2017)
- Are We Already in Recession? - Charles Hugh Smith (08/18/2017)
- Politicians pushing against Iran don’t have clear strategy – RT.COM (08/17/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here