Obama Administration Announces Drone Policy For Attacks on Americans - Mike Swanson (03/07/2013)
After Senator Paul Rand's filibuster yesterday the Obama administration backed down on the use of drone attacks on American citizens inside of the United States. Well sort of.
This was the situation yesterday. It was completely crazy:
Today Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder sent a letter to Rand Paul that reads:
" Dear Senator Paul:
It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is no.
It took a filibuster for hours on end that created national press coverage to get the President of the United States and his Attorney General to answer a simple question that has been asked of them for weeks. What it means is that if someone in the federal government announces that you are "engaged in combat" on American soil they can kill you.
The question is what does it mean to be considered "engaged in combat"?
When the government flies drones over Pakistan they consider someone doing jumping jacks as an enemy combatant under rules of engagement.
What rules will they apply inside the United States for this? Will this remain classified top secret?
How long will it be before a drone is used to kill an American citizen inside of the United States without a warrant, court order, or even a legal charge? A year? A decade? Never? Or tomorrow? Why do they feel it necessary to grab this power?
Most Recent Posts
- Gold-Futures Selling Exhausting - Adam Hamilton (12/10/2016)
- This Cisco CEO Interview Reveals What Is Fueling Stock Gains - Mike Swanson (12/09/2016)
- The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
- Big Rally Shows Power of New Sector Rotation and Trouble For Biotech - Mike Swanson (12/08/2016)
- Snowden exposed mass surveillance to show it's for control, not counterterrorism – Oliver Stone (12/08/2016)
- David Skarica Interview with FutureMoneyTrends.com (12/07/2016)
- Michael Hudson on the Orwellian Turn in Contemporary Economics - Mike Swanson (12/07/2016)
- Podcast - Charles Hugh Smith on The Mainstream Media and the Populist Global Revolt - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- NakeCapitalism Blog Lawyer Demands Apology from The Washington Post - Mike Swanson (12/06/2016)
- William Fleckenstein's View of the Stock Market (12/06/2016)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here