Obama Administration Announces Drone Policy For Attacks on Americans - Mike Swanson (03/07/2013)
After Senator Paul Rand's filibuster yesterday the Obama administration backed down on the use of drone attacks on American citizens inside of the United States. Well sort of.
This was the situation yesterday. It was completely crazy:
Today Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder sent a letter to Rand Paul that reads:
" Dear Senator Paul:
It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is no.
It took a filibuster for hours on end that created national press coverage to get the President of the United States and his Attorney General to answer a simple question that has been asked of them for weeks. What it means is that if someone in the federal government announces that you are "engaged in combat" on American soil they can kill you.
The question is what does it mean to be considered "engaged in combat"?
When the government flies drones over Pakistan they consider someone doing jumping jacks as an enemy combatant under rules of engagement.
What rules will they apply inside the United States for this? Will this remain classified top secret?
How long will it be before a drone is used to kill an American citizen inside of the United States without a warrant, court order, or even a legal charge? A year? A decade? Never? Or tomorrow? Why do they feel it necessary to grab this power?
Most Recent Posts
- The Computer That Monitors Seven Percent of Global Assets - Mike Swanson (10/25/2016)
- Bob Woodard Admits Clinton Foundation is "Corrupt" - WSW Staff (10/25/2016)
- Marc Faber Warns Hillary Clinton Will Destroy the World (10/24/2016)
- Hypernormalisation: The Movie That Explains the Madness of Our Times and Rise of the Banking Power - Mike Swanson (10/24/2016)
- The Media Is Ruining Itself In This Election Season - Mike Swanson (10/24/2016)
- Why Triple ETF's Like JNUG And NUGT Are So Toxic - Mike Swanson (10/21/2016)
- Mitt Romney's Political Power Ploy Against Donald Trump is Weird - Mike Swanson (10/21/2016)
- Hillary Clinton's Most Vicious Debate Moment - WSW Staff (10/21/2016)
- Final Analysis of Third Presidental Debate Focus on Syria - RealNews (10/20/2016)
- What Happens Next After This Gold Stocks Buy Signal? - Mike Swanson (10/20/2016)
Grab This Free Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
This free issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to the rise in mining stocks and how to profit from it. It includes our latest top mining stock pick and our gold price forecast for the rest of 2016. Do not think about buying any other mining stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here