We Have Seen Three and a Half Years Of Economic Recovery Predictions from the Government That Have Failed (06/28/12)
Washington economic experts have been proclaiming that economic recovery is right around the corner since before they were sure the patient was sick.
For those of us who have been saying all along that none of the economic interventions since 2007 would revive the economy—not the rescue of Bear Stearns and other financial institutions; not the Troubled Asset Relief Program; not the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; not Quantitative Easings I, II, and III; not the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; not Cash for Clunkers or Solyndra or the bailouts of Chrysler and General Motors—the cavalcade of wrongheaded, fantastical economic analysis coming out of official Washington and its media in recent years would be hilarious if it were not so infuriating.
The granddaddy of these economic inanities is Federal Reserve Bank chairman Ben Bernanke's March 2009 declaration that he could see economic "green shoots":
"I think as those green shoots begin to appear in different markets and as some confidence begins to come back, that will begin the positive dynamic that brings our economy back."
With the benefit of hindsight it's easy to laugh at Bernanke, and some folks have been known to do so.
Trillions of dollars have been spent on monetary expansion and economic recovery since the beginning of the Obama administration. At least a trillion had already been spent before President Barack Obama was sworn in.
We would have been better off in the scenario without the recovery plan. Throughout that period, headline unemployment has exceeded predictions every single month, growing from 7.3 percent to 8.2 percent (and topping 10 percent during the period when the Recovery Act's purported benefits were at their peak).
For full article go to Reason.com.
for more go to:
Most Recent Posts
- Total Complacency Reigns Among the Masses as Stock Market Sits on Edge of a Cliff - Mike Swanson (6/29/2016)
- Stock Market Meltdown Likely to Drive Gold Towards $1,500 - Mike Swanson (06/28/2016)
- Jim Rogers Says Bear Market Is Just Starting Gold to Rise - Mike Swanson (06/27/2016)
- Podcast - David Morgan On the Impact of Currency Moves on Silver and Gold - Mike Swanson (06/24/2016)
- The Stock Market and Gold after BREXIT with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (06/24/2016)
- Stock Market Dumps after BREXIT Gold Soars - Mike Swanson (06/24/2016)
- Proof that the Gold Bears are Mistaken and Wrong - Mike Swanson (06/22/2016)
- Gold and Stock Market Ahead of BREXIT Vote - Mike Swanson (06/21/2016)
- Stop Trying to Jump in and Out of Gold! - Mike Swanson (06/17/2016)
- Podcast - Olivier Tischendorf a Look at Momentum In DBA, JO, and ACIA - Mike Swanson (06/16/2016)
Grab This Free Report: The Details Behind the Big Soros Gold Bet
The free June issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to examining the details behind a new massive gold bet that George Soros is now making. See the stock Soros has put over five percent of his money in and other big position changes he suddenly made. Soros made new key directional stock market bets. To get this report click here