George Soros Argues for Euro Bonds Says Greece Has No Chance - (06/25/12)
It is very hard to see how Greece can actually meet the conditions that have been set,” he said. “The Germans are absolutely determined not to modify those conditions. One has to now calculate on Greece being forced out of the euro.”
Spanish and Italian borrowing costs ended last week lower, aided by speculation that European leaders will take action at the Brussels meeting. Spain’s 10-year-bond yields retreated to 6.38 percent on June 22. Comparable Italian yields slid to 5.8 percent after climbing to as much as 6.17 percent on June 18.
Neither Spain nor Italy has the ability to “print money” because they are both members of the euro, making it likelier that financial markets can push one of them out of the bloc, Soros said. Spain is likely to need a full bailout unless leaders announce drastic measures at the meeting, he added.
Creating a European equivalent to Treasuries would buy the union time to form a true political union that will ultimately lead to the sale of bonds backed by the entire bloc, Soros said. European Treasuries could be sold to the market within three to six months once an agreement is in place among leaders, he said.
For full article go to Bloomberg.
for more go to:
Most Recent Posts
- Today's World Rests on an Empire of Debt - Mike Swanson (09/30/2016)
- The New Bank of Japan Policy Line Will Be The Future - Mike Swanson (09/29/2016)
- The Stock Market Is Headed for an October Drop - Mike Swanson (09/27/2016)
- Gartner Stock News (NYSE: IT) - A Case Study: Mike Swanson (09/26/2016)
- Another Stock Market Drift Time Starts - Mike Swanson (09/23/2016)
- CNBC Fast Money Sinks to New Lows - Mike Swanson (09/23/2016)
- Stock Market Resumes Dead Money Penny Stock Trading Pattern - Mike Swanson (09/20/2016)
- What Investors Need to Look For Next on This Week in Money - Mike Swanson (09/18/2016)
- Why Has Gold Stalled? - Adam Hamilton (09/17/2016)
- The Next Few Weeks Will Tell You If the Stock Market Is Dead or Alive for Certain - Mike Swanson (09/16/2016)
Grab This Free Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
This free issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to the rise in mining stocks and how to profit from it. It includes our latest top mining stock pick and our gold price forecast for the rest of 2016. Do not think about buying any other mining stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here