George Soros Argues for Euro Bonds Says Greece Has No Chance - (06/25/12)
It is very hard to see how Greece can actually meet the conditions that have been set,” he said. “The Germans are absolutely determined not to modify those conditions. One has to now calculate on Greece being forced out of the euro.”
Spanish and Italian borrowing costs ended last week lower, aided by speculation that European leaders will take action at the Brussels meeting. Spain’s 10-year-bond yields retreated to 6.38 percent on June 22. Comparable Italian yields slid to 5.8 percent after climbing to as much as 6.17 percent on June 18.
Neither Spain nor Italy has the ability to “print money” because they are both members of the euro, making it likelier that financial markets can push one of them out of the bloc, Soros said. Spain is likely to need a full bailout unless leaders announce drastic measures at the meeting, he added.
Creating a European equivalent to Treasuries would buy the union time to form a true political union that will ultimately lead to the sale of bonds backed by the entire bloc, Soros said. European Treasuries could be sold to the market within three to six months once an agreement is in place among leaders, he said.
For full article go to Bloomberg.
for more go to:
Most Recent Posts
- Gold Is An Invisible Investment Opportunity For Most - Mike Swanson (10/09/2015)
- Ben Bernanke Explains Why Fed Can Not Do Much Anymore (10/06/2015)
- Cramer Says He Is Now A Stock Market Bull Believer - Mike Swanson (10/06/2015)
- Stock Market Mastermind Session With David Skarica : The Hoax Of Economic and Stock Market "Lift-Off"- Mike Swanson (10/2/2015)
- Podcast - Jordan Roy-Byrne Gives His Views On Gold And The Stock Market - Mike Swanson (10/01/2015)
- Carl Icahn Issues Warning For the Little Man - Mike Swanson (09/29/2015)
- Palisade Radio - David Skarica: Once Things Get Crazy, They Will Probably Get Crazier Still (9/28/15)
- Howestreet.com Interview: Gold Is Positioned To Breakout - Mike Swanson (09/25/2015)
- New Bear Market Book Available - Mike Swanson (09/23/2015)
- Jordan Roy-Byrne Interview: Negative Real Rates To Eventually Trigger Bull Market in Gold & Silver (09/20/2015)
JOIN: WALLSTREETWINDOW FREE MEMBERSHIP
* Join and receive the Two Fold Formula guide to picking stocks and combine tested fundamental valuation metrics with technical analysis.
*Align yourself with the big trends of the stock market and be alerted when these trends change.
*Receive free updates when we see an investment opportunity in an emerging sector before the crowd gets in.