George Soros Argues for Euro Bonds Says Greece Has No Chance - (06/25/12)
It is very hard to see how Greece can actually meet the conditions that have been set,” he said. “The Germans are absolutely determined not to modify those conditions. One has to now calculate on Greece being forced out of the euro.”
Spanish and Italian borrowing costs ended last week lower, aided by speculation that European leaders will take action at the Brussels meeting. Spain’s 10-year-bond yields retreated to 6.38 percent on June 22. Comparable Italian yields slid to 5.8 percent after climbing to as much as 6.17 percent on June 18.
Neither Spain nor Italy has the ability to “print money” because they are both members of the euro, making it likelier that financial markets can push one of them out of the bloc, Soros said. Spain is likely to need a full bailout unless leaders announce drastic measures at the meeting, he added.
Creating a European equivalent to Treasuries would buy the union time to form a true political union that will ultimately lead to the sale of bonds backed by the entire bloc, Soros said. European Treasuries could be sold to the market within three to six months once an agreement is in place among leaders, he said.
For full article go to Bloomberg.
for more go to:
Most Recent Posts
- Hypernormalisation: The Movie That Explains the Madness of Our Times and Rise of the Banking Power - Mike Swanson (10/24/2016)
- The Media Is Ruining Itself In This Election Season - Mike Swanson (10/24/2016)
- Why Triple ETF's Like JNUG And NUGT Are So Toxic - Mike Swanson (10/21/2016)
- Mitt Romney's Political Power Ploy Against Donald Trump is Weird - Mike Swanson (10/21/2016)
- Hillary Clinton's Most Vicious Debate Moment - WSW Staff (10/21/2016)
- Final Analysis of Third Presidental Debate Focus on Syria - RealNews (10/20/2016)
- What Happens Next After This Gold Stocks Buy Signal? - Mike Swanson (10/20/2016)
- Podcast - Jordan Roy-Byrne On How Gold Is Likely To Trade Now - Mike Swanson (10/20/2016)
- Based on the Political News Should You Invest in India? - Mike Swanson (10/19/2016)
- True Origins of Russian/US Relations Crisis Revealed - Mike Swanson (10/19/2016)
Grab This Free Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
This free issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to the rise in mining stocks and how to profit from it. It includes our latest top mining stock pick and our gold price forecast for the rest of 2016. Do not think about buying any other mining stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here