George Soros Argues for Euro Bonds Says Greece Has No Chance - (06/25/12)
It is very hard to see how Greece can actually meet the conditions that have been set,” he said. “The Germans are absolutely determined not to modify those conditions. One has to now calculate on Greece being forced out of the euro.”
Spanish and Italian borrowing costs ended last week lower, aided by speculation that European leaders will take action at the Brussels meeting. Spain’s 10-year-bond yields retreated to 6.38 percent on June 22. Comparable Italian yields slid to 5.8 percent after climbing to as much as 6.17 percent on June 18.
Neither Spain nor Italy has the ability to “print money” because they are both members of the euro, making it likelier that financial markets can push one of them out of the bloc, Soros said. Spain is likely to need a full bailout unless leaders announce drastic measures at the meeting, he added.
Creating a European equivalent to Treasuries would buy the union time to form a true political union that will ultimately lead to the sale of bonds backed by the entire bloc, Soros said. European Treasuries could be sold to the market within three to six months once an agreement is in place among leaders, he said.
For full article go to Bloomberg.
for more go to:
Most Recent Posts
- The Stock Market Is Now Trading Like a Penny Stock - Mike Swanson (08/24/2016)
- Jim Rogers Tries to Warn Stock Market Small Fries - Mike Swanson (08/23/2016)
- Stock Market Sentiment Has Gotten Crazy Again - Mike Swanson (08/22/2016)
- Target Sales Details Prove Ominous for Apple Stock - Mike Swanson (08/19/2016)
- Understand the Trading Action of the Stock Market Now - Mike Swanson (08/18/2016)
- Filings Reveal That George Soros Has Made A Giant Options Trade - Mike Swanson (08/17/2016)
- Andy Hoffman of Miles Franklin Explains This Gold Bull Cycle - WSW Staff (08/16/2016)
- Stock Market Traders Now Eyeing Fed Minutes This Week - Mike Swanson (08/15/2016)
- Marc Faber: When Negative Rates End, It Will Be Total and Complete Destruction - WSW Staff (08/14/2016)
- SIRI Stock is a Metaphor for the Entire Stock Market Right Now - Mike Swanson (08/12/2016)
Grab This Free Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
This free issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to the rise in mining stocks and how to profit from it. It includes our top mining stock pick of July and our gold price forecast for the rest of 2016. Do not think about buying any other mining stock before you read this report. To get this report click here