According to UK Telegraph Italy and Spain About to Get a $600 Billion Bailout (06/20/12)
From The Telegraph:
Under the proposed deal, two European rescue funds – the £400 billion (€500 billion) European Stability Mechanism (ESM) and the £200 billion (€250 billion) European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) – will buy bonds issued by European countries.
Previously, money in these funds — which has been provided by members of the single currency — has been used to bail out smaller European countries such as Greece, Portugal and Ireland. Governments in these countries were offered money directly in return for agreeing to austerity programmes. Under the new plan, the money in these funds will not be given directly to governments but will instead be used to buy up debts on the financial markets.
For full story go to The Telegraph.
Most Recent Posts
- From "FANG" to "Fast Five" - Mike Swanson (04/26/2017)
- A Rising (Central Bank) Tide Turns Everyone into a Genius - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/26/2017)
- U.S. Threatens Nuclear Deal it Admits Iran Respects - How Will Tehran Respond? - The Real News (04/26/2017)
- China Finally Sends U.S. Positive Messages on North Korea - James Holbrooks (04/25/2017)
- Dr Marc Faber: Coordinating Central Bankers Desperate to Keep Colossal Global Debt Bubble Inflated (04/25/2017)
- Who Will Live in the Suburbs if Millennials Favor Cities? - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/24/2017)
- The French Election and the US Market- Stock Market analysis for the week - Mike Saul (04/23/2017)
- Gold Upleg Momentum Building - Adam Hamilton (04/22/2017)
- Cramer Pumps Apple Yells Buy Demands You Chase Fad Big Cap Tech! - Mike Swanson (04/21/2017)
- Ted Galen Carpenter on Trump’s schoolyard strategy for dealing with North Korea - Scott Horton Show (04/21/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here