According to UK Telegraph Italy and Spain About to Get a $600 Billion Bailout (06/20/12)
From The Telegraph:
Under the proposed deal, two European rescue funds – the £400 billion (€500 billion) European Stability Mechanism (ESM) and the £200 billion (€250 billion) European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) – will buy bonds issued by European countries.
Previously, money in these funds — which has been provided by members of the single currency — has been used to bail out smaller European countries such as Greece, Portugal and Ireland. Governments in these countries were offered money directly in return for agreeing to austerity programmes. Under the new plan, the money in these funds will not be given directly to governments but will instead be used to buy up debts on the financial markets.
For full story go to The Telegraph.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold Stocks Are Now Entering A Stairway to Heaven Rally - Mike Swanson (04/29/2016)
- Beware Facebook As FANGS Are Biting Investors - Mike Swanson (04/28/2016)
- Donald Trump Will Fire Janet Yellen and Be Trapped - Mike Swanson (04/27/2016)
- This Key Stock Market Indicator Is Misleading People - Mike Swanson (04/25/2016)
- Podcast - Ike Iossif On What Stock Market Internals Really Are Showing - Mike Swanson (04/22/2016)
- Earnings Season Brings Stock Blow Ups While Mining Stocks Soar More: Stock Market Mastermind Session with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (04/22/2016)
- Gold Stocks Up Again Today As Many Feel Left Out - Mike Swanson (04/21/2016)
- Today's Top Volume ETF Is Crazy and Toxic - Mike Swanson (04/20/2016)
- Now Silver Starts a New Bull Market - Mike Swanson (04/19/2016)
- Why You Need To Become A Player in the Gold Market - Mike Swanson (04/18/2016)
Get Our Full Report: What To Expect After Gold's Big Rally
The free April issue of WSW Monthly is devoted to gold's big first quarter rally and our forecast for gold for the rest of the year. See what type of buy points are likely for gold this year. To get this report click here