Will President Trump Make A Wise Decision or a Dangerous One?
Trump almost took the country to the abyss, but instead he stopped and made the smarter choice. Instead of giving Bannon a rubber stamp on the national security council he gave the national security state a man they trust and respect.
Earnings Preview: Newmont Mining (NYSE: NEM) - Fred Dunsel (02/23/12)
Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM) will be announcing its fourth quarter and FY2011 results before the market opens on Friday (24 February). Last Friday, the company’s stock closed at $59.45, marking a 0.3% drop for the week. With a market cap valuation of about $30 billion, the stock peaked at $72.42 last November. However, since the start of the year, the stock has fallen by about 1.5%.
Newmont is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations in Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru and the United States. It has a well-diversified base, with 22% in the US, 50% from Asia/Pacific, 19% from Peru and 7% from Ghana. The company also completed a large acquisition last year, with a $2.3 billion purchase of Fronteer Gold. The latter had significant mining assets in Turkey, Peru and the US, including many projects close to existing Newmont infrastructure in Nevada.
While gold prices might have been volatile in recent months, Newmont is generally seen as a strong company with good management that has managed to maintain low operating costs and good growth prospects from recent acquisitions. The company also recently announced that it expected to invest about $3.0 – 3.3 billion in attributable capital expenditures, of which approximately 60% is allocated to growth project initiatives, including further development of the Akyem project in Ghana and potentially the Conga project in Peru, with the remaining 40% expected to be spent on sustaining and maintenance capital.
Given the above, both analysts and investors are sanguine about the company’s growth prospects.
The current analyst consensus sees earnings of $1.27 per share and $4.62 per share for FY2011. This would make it a 20% year-on-year improvement. The company’s profitability will be largely determined by gold prices that should be supportive through this year. With general optimism over gold prices, analysts expect Newmont to continue to post solid growth this year.
Most Recent Posts
- Market analysis for the week of February 20th, 2017 - Mike Saul (02/20/2017)
- Stock Market Mastermind Session with David Skarica (02/19/2017)
- Gold-Stock Volume Divergence - Adam Hamilton (02/17/2017)
- Jim Rogers - Macro Outlook in the Trump Era (02/17/2017)
- Greenwald: Empowering the "Deep State" to Undermine Trump is Prescription for Destroying Democracy (02/17/2017)
- I Am Starting to Get Concerned About Donald Trump - Mike Swanson (02/16/2017)
- US Stock Market Not Nervous About Trump - Mike Swanson (02/16/2017)
- Are Donald Trump's Advisors Turning on Themselves? - Mike Swanson (02/15/2017)
- What has been Pushing S&P 500 Higher? - Chris Vermeulen (02/15/2017)
- Grant Williams: A Punch To The Face For Central Banks (02/15/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here