Sprott Monthly Market Update with Rick Rule: Base Metals Are Breaking Out, Stocks Are Next - Palisade Radio (08/25/2017)
Rick feels that recent negative sentiment in the gold market may be a good contrarian indicator. Gold has maintained it’s strength this summer in the face of general economic complacency. The mining industry itself has become the financier of choice to high quality juniors. There is a quiet confidence amongst large investors that is astonishing. This sort of investor has replaced the generalist hedge fund. Capital that is patient and knowledgeable is replacing capital that is ignorant and short term oriented.
Rick discusses Novo Resources (NVO.V) a company that seem to have made a pretty large find. This could be extraordinary for the market particularly if there is a convergence of large discoveries. Rick discusses how the mineral exploration sector is one of the few sectors that can create 100 baggers and what that can do to a market.
The junior market is still overpopulated with companies. He would prefer to see a slower paced saucer shaped recovery that rewards rational investors.
Uranium needs Japanese reactor restarts, $20-$25 is too low to maintain production and mines are clearly loosing money. The Uranium industry is in a negative feedback loop.
Other resource sectors haven’t moved that much because of supply constraints due to an extended period of low prices.
Mr. Rule discusses Bitcoin based technologies. He recently took a position in Bitcoin and made significant gains. He chose to take the gains since he doesn’t understand all of the underlying fundamentals.
Most Recent Posts
- Fed Minutes Reveal Fed Concerned of Deflation - CNBC (11/24/2017)
- The Digital Revolution Has Empowered Central Banks - Brendan Brown (11/24/2017)
- Even Junior Stocks Caught Up in Market Mania - Chris Vermeulen (11/24/2017)
- Saudi Purges Explained, With Marwa Osman Live From Lebanon - Ron Paul Institute (11/24/2017)
- Is This Why Productivity Has Tanked and Wealth Inequality Has Soared? - Charles Hugh Smith (11/22/2017)
- Erdogan's Rate Fight Sends Lira to Record Low - Bloomberg (11/22/2017)
- Why is the US Media and Foreign Policy Establishment Targeting Russia? - The Real News (11/22/2017)
- Thoughts on Bitcoin, Gold, and Stocks on Thanksgiving Week with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (11/21/2017)
- The Death of the Department Store - Bloomberg (11/21/2017)
- Saudi Financial Crisis at Heart of Princely Rage - The Real News (11/21/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here