Stock Market Seasonality Is Out Of Season - Chris Vermeulen (02/04/2016)
A “rally” attempt is underway. Stocks are continuing to rebound and all is well with the World? Or is it? With each passing day, the United States plummets deeper and deeper into a “black hole” of debt, of which it will be almost impossible to repay. At the time, of this writing the national debt is $18,939,663,109,937!
To put this into perspective, the national debt is so bad that if every citizen (including children) were to help pay it off, each one of us would have to contribute $58,652.00.
In the last couple of weeks, I have informed you of this “rebound” in the US Markets. Yesterday, February 2nd, 2016, a sharp fall in the markets was recorded.
Major support levels have held, perhaps slightly bent last month, but they did not break. Major support level of the SPX is 1880. If this support is breached, it may drop to 1861 before it rebounds. I do not see the SPX sustaining below 1880.
Markets are once again expected to bounce back.
But if we do get more downside from this current level it would create another wave of “Panic Selling” and we must hold above the low of January 20th, 2016 or it may be the start of the next bear market for large-cap stocks sooner than later.
The U.S, Stock Markets have not reacted to any bad news, as of yet. The markets are at their fourth highest level of valuation, in history, according to the Shiller P/E Model. Professor Robert Shiller, of Yale University, invented the Schiller P/E to measure the markets’ valuation. The Schiller P/E is a more reasonable market valuation indicator than the P/E ratio, because it eliminates fluctuations of the ratio, caused by the variation of profit margins, during business cycles. There are only three other periods, in time, that these ratios occurred (1929, 2000, 2007) in with we measured similar readings when the market topped or should I say triggered market crashes and multi-year bear markets…
Short term I’m still bullish but the longer-term bias remains firmly BEARISH!
Get My Trading Forecasts and Trade Signals Today.
Make 2016 Winning A Wining Year For Your Trading Account: Chris Vermeulen's Free Trading Analysis & Signals Newsletter
Most Recent Posts
- Crypto Versus Gold and Gold Stocks To Boom In Next 1-2 Years with Collin Kettell - Jeff Berwick (12/18/2017)
- Today Ameritrade Allows Customers to Buy and Short Bitcoin Futures - CNBC (12/18/2017)
- David Skarica on Gold, Bitcoin, and the Stock Market (12/18/2017)
- Gold Bullish on Fed Hike 2 - Adam Hamilton (12/15/2017)
- Trump To Release New US Strategy: Will Neocons Cheer? - Ron Paul Institute (12/15/2017)
- The Cost Basis of our Economy is Spiraling Out of Control - Charles Hugh Smith (12/15/2017)
- Full interview with legendary investor Stanley Druckenmiller - CNBC (12/15/2017)
- World Bank and World's Third Largest Insurer Divest from Most Oil and Gas - The Real News (12/15/2017)
- Jim Goddard Show: Bitcoin Showing Signs of 1999 Tech Bubble - Mike Swanson (12/14/2017)
- Partisan Clash over Trump-Russia Probe Gets Messier - The Real News (12/14/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here