Is It Your Duty To Worship The Government? (02/18/2015)
Richman and Hornberger put out a free daily email update with all the big news of the day and their organization releases an excellent monthly journal. Check them out by going here.
American culture is not what it used to be. To Sheldon Richman it has become too nationalist with a “quasi-worship” element. People treat the country as if it’s an entity that constantly needs reverence.
Richman understands people would like to separate the country from the government, but feels that’s unrealistic on the grand scale. Just look at the Pledge of Allegiance or military fly-overs at sporting events. The love for family or your community are one thing, but that’s not what’s going on with regards to love for country.
Jacob Hornberger wonders if such nationalist beliefs have grown out from the dawn of compulsory public schooling. Government education is there to serve the national security state, instilling obedience and conformity, he says.
Nationalism has a psychic effect, causing otherwise good people to rationalize bad acts. Murder, theft, and other crimes become noble when done to perpetuate the nation’s security and power. Ultimately, the love for the nation means loving the government’s aggression against the Other.
Loving principles espoused in the Declaration of Independence is great. But the moment nationalism creeps in, false enemies are created and those very principles become just cover for evil.
Most Recent Posts
- Crypto Versus Gold and Gold Stocks To Boom In Next 1-2 Years with Collin Kettell - Jeff Berwick (12/18/2017)
- Today Ameritrade Allows Customers to Buy and Short Bitcoin Futures - CNBC (12/18/2017)
- David Skarica on Gold, Bitcoin, and the Stock Market (12/18/2017)
- Gold Bullish on Fed Hike 2 - Adam Hamilton (12/15/2017)
- Trump To Release New US Strategy: Will Neocons Cheer? - Ron Paul Institute (12/15/2017)
- The Cost Basis of our Economy is Spiraling Out of Control - Charles Hugh Smith (12/15/2017)
- Full interview with legendary investor Stanley Druckenmiller - CNBC (12/15/2017)
- World Bank and World's Third Largest Insurer Divest from Most Oil and Gas - The Real News (12/15/2017)
- Jim Goddard Show: Bitcoin Showing Signs of 1999 Tech Bubble - Mike Swanson (12/14/2017)
- Partisan Clash over Trump-Russia Probe Gets Messier - The Real News (12/14/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here