Jeff Macke on the Silly Superbowl Indicator (01/26/2015)
"This is the most new advertisers since the dot-com Super Bowl of 2000. Suffice it to say hail Mary Super Bowl advertising of the late 1990s and 2000 didn't do any more for companies like Just for Feet and PetSmart (PETM) than last year's great RadioShack (RSH) ad did to save that company."
"When capital is cheap enough for underfunded companies to think it's rational to spend their whole ad budget on the Super Bowl it suggests a certain misallocation of optimism in the system. Whatever it says sociologically from an economic perspective it hasn't been good. A year after the 2000 Dot Com Super Bowl advertising for the big game was time for one of only 14 times in the last 50 years and stocks were on their way to getting folded in half."
Most Recent Posts
- Full interview with legendary investor Stanley Druckenmiller - CNBC (12/15/2017)
- World Bank and World's Third Largest Insurer Divest from Most Oil and Gas - The Real News (12/15/2017)
- Jim Goddard Show: Bitcoin Showing Signs of 1999 Tech Bubble - Mike Swanson (12/14/2017)
- Partisan Clash over Trump-Russia Probe Gets Messier - The Real News (12/14/2017)
- Asset Prices Are Prices Too - Thorsten Polleit (12/14/2017)
- Bitcoin economy Keynesianism Military Entitlement - The Ochelli Effect (12/14/2017)
- Russia's Pulling Out Of Syria...Why Can't We? - Ron Paul Institute (12/13/2017)
- Bitcoin Is Like Gold 2.0 Winklevoss Boy Claims - Bloomberg (12/13/2017)
- Earning & Losing Millions in the Resource Sector - Collin Kettell of Palisade Radio (12/13/2017)
- Three Bubbles/Strikes and You're Out - Charles Hugh Smith (12/12/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here