People Taking Loans Against Brokerage Accounts - Mike Swanson (01/19/2015)
Here is a crazy fact for you in an article in this weeks Baron's:
WE CAUGHT UP late last week with Josh Brown, the acerbic market blogger, journalist, and financial advisor. He’s concerned over the declining participation of individual stocks and sectors in the market’s snapback rallies in the past six months. This phenomenon can be seen in declines in the advance/decline figures and the number of stocks hitting new highs and trading above their 200-day moving averages.
Complacency has replaced fear. In an article in Fortune last month, Brown commented on the growing boom in “nonpurpose loans” that Wall Street is proffering to wealthy clients who have large portfolios of stocks and bonds that serve as collateral for the borrowing. The only proviso on the cheap financing is that the money not be used for securities purchases.
The rub, of course, is that much of the money is going for illiquid assets like second homes, condos for mistresses, yachts, and insensate consumption. In a market selloff, the liquidation of securities collateralizing these loans could add tinder to any market conflagration.
To read full article go here.
Most Recent Posts
- Russia's Pulling Out Of Syria...Why Can't We? - Ron Paul Institute (12/13/2017)
- Bitcoin Is Like Gold 2.0 Winklevoss Boy Claims - Bloomberg (12/13/2017)
- Earning & Losing Millions in the Resource Sector - Collin Kettell of Palisade Radio (12/13/2017)
- Three Bubbles/Strikes and You're Out - Charles Hugh Smith (12/12/2017)
- Shiller Says 'Investors in Bitcoin Are Having Fun' - Bloomberg (12/12/2017)
- The Evil of the National Security State - Future of Freedom Foundation (12/12/2017)
- People Are Now Borrowing on Their House to Buy Bitcoin - CNBC (12/12/2017)
- Bitcoin Bull Predicts $100,000 Price For TV - CNBC (12/11/207)
- My Thoughts on Gold Trends Now and Bitcoin Futures - Mike Swanson (12/11/2017)
- Bitcoin futures are here, + end of year move in the stock market - Mike "Tiny" Saul (12/11/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here